Famed bisexual Australian-American singer Sia and know how a personal tragedy changed her life and career!
Facts of Sia Kate Isobelle Furler
|Full Name:||Sia Kate Isobelle Furler|
|Age:||46 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||December 18, 1975|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|Birth Place:||Adelaide, South Australia,|
|Father's Name:||Phil Colson|
|Mother's Name:||Phil Colson|
|Profession:||Singer and Songwriter|
|Education:||Adelaide High School|
|Height / How tall? :||5 feet 4 inches (1.64m)|
|Net Worth:||$25 million dollars|
|Waist Size:||28 inch|
|Bra Size:||35 inch|
|Hip Size:||35 inch|
|View more / View less Facts of Sia Kate Isobelle Furler|
Browse to know more about Sia’s Age, Bio, wiki, Net Worth, Income, career, Education, and Family. Also know details about Sia’s Parents, Childhood, Relationship, body measurements, Images, and many more.
Award-winning Australian singer Sia has won several accolades for her solo albums and songs. She started her career with bands but set solo and soon gained immense fame. She suffered a personal tragedy in her love life which is reflected in some of her songs. Known to have a bisexual life, Sia has never tried to hide her sexuality inclinations.
She had openly said in an interview:
“I’ve always dated boys and girls and anything in between. I don’t care what gender you are, it’s about people. … I’ve always been… well, flexible is the word I would use.”
Let us today have the highlights of her life and about her songs and awards!
- Sia was born as Sia Kate Isobelle Furler on 18 December 1975 in Adelaide, Australia. Her father named Phil Colson was also a musician while her mother Leone Furler worked as a Lecturer in Arts. She enjoyed singing and making music from a very young age, mentioning that her icons were Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, and Sting.
- After graduating from Adelaide High School, at the age of 18, she started performing with the local bands. She joined the acid jazz band Crisp and became their singer. She also sang for their two EPs, Word and the Deal in 1996 and Delirium in 1997.
- After the group disbanded in 1997, she started her solo career. Her first album was Only See which she released with Flavoured Records. This had a sale of 1200 copies. She also left for London to be with her boyfriend Dan. She joined the British band Jamiroquai as a background vocalist. She toured with them and also gave vocals for their 3 albums.
- Her first single Taken for Granted was released in 2000 which came in the top 10 on UK music charts. Dan expired in a car accident and Sia was grief-stricken. She said:
“We were all devastated, so we got shit-faced on drugs and Special Brew. Unfortunately, that bender lasted six years for me.”
- She released her album Healing is Difficult in 2001. It discusses her boyfriend’s death. She said:
“I was pretty fucked up after Dan died. I couldn’t really feel anything. I could intellectualise a lot of stuff; that I had a purpose, that I was loved, but I couldn’t actually feel anything.”
- She was honored at the APRA Awards of 2002 for this album. She released her third album called ‘Colour the Small One’ in 2004. It appeared in the Top 100.
- Not happy with the way her songs were marketed, Sia moved to the USA in 2005. She appeared in the series Six Feet Under which exposed her to the USA audience and her fame rose. 2008 saw the release of the fourth album called ‘Some People Have Real Problems’. It was certified Gold by the Australian Recording Industry Association.
- She also did more tours and live concerts. She wrote songs for other famed musicians and soon tasted mainstream fame.
- She also gave music for many successful films. Her single ‘Chandelier’ released in 2014 made it to the US Billboard Hot 100. It sold over 2 million copies and was her breakthrough work.
- She was also invited to perform at various music festivals and her performance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival went viral online.
- Her latest album is the 2017’s Everyday is Christmas.
- Sia’s boyfriend from the UK, Dan Pontiflex died in a car crash in London. She immersed herself in music and drugs during that time the addiction lasted for almost 6 years. Sia then started a relationship with DJ JD Samson in 2008 but broke up in 2011. Sia is bisexual and had dated both boys as well as girls, she had admitted to it.
- Sia has been a victim of depression and addiction. She also has suicidal tendencies.
- She also suffers from Grave’s disease and is not medications for it. She improved health-wise and had to cancel events in between due to her poor health.
- She was married to documentary filmmaker Erik Anders from August 2014 to December 2016.
- Designer Christian Siriano had two days to make her custom wedding dress in 2014!
- She is a vegan and loves pets and works for their welfare.